Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It...

As I read Audrey's "Why Is Elmo Happy?" book this morning, I decided that was a good idea for a post today. So here goes...

Why is Amber So Happy?

1. Amber is happy because...We found out this week that we are having another sweet girl! Everything about her looks great, and the amazing thing is that we found out her gender on the same exact day we found out what Audrey was going to be two years ago! I love being able to put a "face" with my baby thoughts. We love you and can't wait to see you, baby girl! Audrey and Layton are ready for the "baby dirl" and "baby ditter," too.


2. Amber is happy because...Yesterday was my 27th birthday, and I got the greatest gift of all (see #1)...to go with all of the other blessings in my life. I have the greatest family and friends! Thank you for all of the calls, online messages, cards, and gifts! And I actually like getting older. I feel like I gain more respect with each year :) I may change my mind at 30.



2 1/2. Amber is happy because...Josh not only took me out to eat Monday, but then he cooked steaks for me last night. He and Audrey got me a beautiful bracelet with all of our birthstones on it (which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE) and a neat home-scent wax warmer thing :)

3. Amber is happy because...Speaking of family, my in-laws came in this weekend to celebrate my birthday and to help with Audrey while we went to the doctor. They are always so fun and helpful. Thank you, David & Lyndy, for the amazing cake and chocolate-covered strawberries, thoughtful gifts, help with grouting the backsplash, running errands for me, babysitting, your great taylor skills, the excellent Mexican food birthday dinner, and for being a wonderful Mimi and Pop to Audrey!

4. Amber is happy because...My side of the family has stayed well so far even though my poor nephew came down with the swine flu! The poor baby is doing much better, thank you Lord! I can't wait to see you all this weekend...even from a distance :)

5. Amber is happy because...My brother is marrying Melinda this weekend in Blanco, and it is going to be so fun and beautiful! I can't wait!

6. Amber is happy because...Josh got back from Wyoming Friday safe and sound, and he had a great time. Plus, he killed a beautiful elk and came back with 130 pounds of meat!

7. Amber is happy because...The Lord continues to bless us through special everyday moments. For example, Audrey enjoys coloring now, and our refrigerator is blessed with artwork already :)



And I have never heard anything so cute as when she sings "If You're Happy and You Know It" and says a loud "Ah-mean!" for Amen :)

I am happy and I definitely know it! "Ah-mean!"

4 comments:

Lyndy said...

What's the easiest thing to do? Mirror back to Amber the love she shows to all. I'm so happy she's my daughter (in-law).

Jana said...

Congratulations on having another little girl! Brynlee will need some girl friends at Tech!

Jana

King Amy said...

great post! congrats on another little girl...and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Amber, Congratulations on the sweet baby girl!!! How exciting for Audrey to have a sister!!! You look just beautiful and your baby girl is beautiful! Happy Belated Birthday!!!