Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Two Years Old...

Our big girl Audrey turned two last Friday! She ended up having a 5-day extended birthday with presents and cards coming in the mail all week and a birthday outing and then her party as the grand finale...

On Friday, we played at home all day and she decorated cupcakes. We also practiced blowing out candles before her real party. She really enjoyed this...and I did, too :)

She got lots of sweet cards and gifts in the mail from friends and family. She was very excited about the two dollars Granny sent her and wants to buy something at the store. :)

On Saturday, we all needed an outing after a full week of being cooped up in the house, so we decided that the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center was a feasible yet fun destination for us. And I guess it can now be a tradition for their birthdays since we went last year, too!Her daddy was so sweet to show her all the special attention she needed while I tended to Brenna. She had a great time!We have been talking about her birthday for weeks. She would tell everyone "My birfday coming soon". And we were trying to find the perfect time for a party in the midst of having a second baby. I definitely didn't want baby-time to overshadow Audrey's special day. This was the original invitation for her party. On the bottom, we wrote "postponed if baby Brenna crashes the party"...which is exactly what happened!But we rescheduled a smaller family party on Sunday, and she got her "Pabo cake" and "Pabo bulaboons", and we all had a great time! Here's a few shots of Audrey's 2nd birthday party:
She got many special gifts from the people who love her the most and know exactly what she loves. Here she is on her trampoline from Nana and Papa. (Pop set it up in the house since it will be rainy all week. It looks like toyland/jumping world in our living room.)

Did Audrey love her 2nd birthday? Yes
Did it wear Mama out a little? Big Yes
Was it worth every second for a sweet little girl? More than you know

2 comments:

Julie said...

So I know I said your surprise was coming in the mail, but it's Girl Scout Cookie time around here, so I've been super busy. It's coming SOON though, promise :)
Glad to see you're all doing great! Happy Birthday Audrey!!

King Amy said...

very fun...i am sure she is the hit of the neighborhood with an indoor trampoline!