2. Audrey decided she would finally like to be potty-trained...so she basically is! She can't make it all night, of course, but she goes to the potty all day all by herself. She even goes in and closes the door and says, "Ye me yone" (Leave me alone). For a "modest" girl, I sure have a hard time catching her afterwards to get her panties back on her.
3. And speaking of anatomy and modesty, she pulled her shirt up the other day and pointed out her "buttons". She showed me that Brenna has "buttons", too.
4. Audrey is still obsessed with her TV shows. She has moved on from Backyardigans to Dora and Diego to Kai-Lan and now Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I admit I used her obsession to help "motivate" her to potty-train. She couldn't watch a show until she got enough stickers. You better believe she started pushing hard to get tee-tee out then. This has become her favorite viewing spot:
5. And in the midst of training our girls, the Lord is constantly using them to speak to us...When we finally get to sit down to eat at night, we very often throw ourselves into our chairs and start gobbling while holding babies, wiping mouths, bribing bites...and don't stop to thank God for our food and day. So many times, Audrey reminds us, "Pray guys. Pray togever" and I feel like I could cry on the spot. Out of the mouths of babes... Thank you, Lord, that even our two-year-old has a direct line to You.
3 comments:
Thanks for the great blogs that keep us up-to-date on all you Comancheros. Love them all!
Amber, that blog made me laugh. Being a mommy is the best thing in the world and you do such a great job of putting it into words. Hope you guys are great!
Love ya,
Christi
I can't stop laughing at Brenna's reaction to your home cookin'! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment