My girls pray. They pray excitedly. They pray joyfully. They pray faithfully. They pray fervently.
Audrey prays. She prays for everyone to feel good, for everyone to act good. She thanks God for the grass and flowers and trees. She asks for rain. She prays for her friends to have good days at school. She thanks God for sending Jesus to die on the cross for us.
Brenna prays. She closes her little eyes tight and clasps her little hands together and speaks the names of her friends. I have found her doing this on her own several times in her bed. She sings a prayer at lunch, Tay too Dod...fo ah food...wuv us...fo us...A-meen.
Praying at lunch:
I have a lot to learn from these little girls...like what it means to have a childlike faith, carefree joy, and unconditional forgiveness. They hunger to learn about our Lord. They are thrilled to learn Bible verses and hide them in their hearts. Audrey tells me every day, "I know a Bible verse! Taste and see that the Lord is good! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." She "reads" Bible stories with her sweet little friends and loves to run her fingers over the words in my Bible. The kids like to smile at God in all directions because they know He is all around and can see them whichever way they look.
Like I said, I have a lot to learn from them. A-meen!
2 comments:
I can't begin to express the profound joy I feel after reading today's blog. I know that Jesus Himself is pleased with His sheep who live and play and pray at your house!
OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm doing blog catch up....this one brought tears to my eyes! How sweet! Don't pray to long.....D will A-meen you in the middle!
Post a Comment