Monday, December 5, 2011

22 going on 2

Can you believe we are getting close to having a two-year-old? Yep, Brenna is 22 months. It is actually not as shocking to me considering how big she has been acting and looking lately...but really, our baby is not a baby anymore.
These are just a few things she has been saying that have impressed me with how she is soaking up everything around her:
"Mmmm, alicious"--Delicious
"Mazing"--Amazing (in regard to her new boots :)
"Es ah-some"--It's awesome (referring to the movie Happy Feet)
"Audey, I talking"--Audrey, I'm talking (so don't interrupt :)
"No help, Mama. I iself"--Don't help me, Mama. I can do it by myself.
"I tough"--Yep, she thinks she is really big.

She is in love with my dad's horse, Hollywood. It is "Ha-ee-ood" this and that around here.She is also obsessed with movies like Happy Feet, Lion King, Cars, and Tangled. Here she is at Happy Feet 2 over Thanksgiving which she watched every second of :)She keeps up with Audrey pretty well and tries everything Big Sister does including tricks, games, songs, coloring, painting, puzzles, and pretend.Many say she is still looking like me. I can actually see bits of my brother and Aunt Paula on Josh's side!What do you think? This is my brother:
Me... (I asked Audrey who is in this picture, and without hesitation, she said Brenna :)Me:
So not an exact match, but I am honored to share a few qualities...especially since Audrey is still a carbon-copy of Josh :)Brenna has a slew of fans who think she is really great, including grandparents, friends, and strangers.Her smile is contagious, joyful, and mesmerizing. She obviously has a way of capturing hearts...
...so when I think about how special she is right now and every stage, I don't think turning 2 will be so bad afterall.

2 comments:

Lyndy said...

Did you notice how you held up one finger just like Brenna did?
She is so pretty, just like her Mama!

Amy Carroll said...

I'm pretty sure she is perfect!! I can't believe she is almost two! It's time for another one! I'll let you go first this time!! ;)