Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ringin' in 2012...

We have had a great time saying "goodbye" to 2011 and "hello" to 2012 as we spent lots of quality time with family and friends over the past week.

First, we stayed several days with Mimi while Daddy went hunting with Pop and James!
We did lots of sweet mother/daughter/granddaughter things :)Then we headed back to Nana & Awpa's for New Year's Eve where we enjoyed some gorgeous weather and great company. My grandpa, Papa Jerry, was visiting from Panama with his wife Delia and stepson Luis. Nannie, Granny, Aunt Gwen & Uncle Craig were all there, too, so it really was a blessed time. They all enjoyed watching Audrey, Brenna, and Layton play and show off their new cowboy/girl duds.Luis, who only speaks Spanish, was so sweet to play with the kiddos and help Brenna. He laughed at my attempt at Spanish...mostly when I said the girls were going to have their Happy Birthday party in one table (instead of "month").Also during our last week of 2011, I went to visit my best friend Mandy and all of her men--Kelly, Nolan, and Landry.We got lots of lovin' from some very sweet boys who we don't get to see enough of!Then we found another sweet boy! We went to visit my college friend Jana and her girls Brynlee & Bryleigh, and we were pleasantly surprised that baby Chase, Brad and Jennifer, and the Martin's were there, too! These are all friends from Tech and one of the greatest families you will ever find.
We had such a fun afternoon with them, and I loved watching Brynlee (2) with her newborn sister Bryleigh because it was like watching my girls two years ago!Back on the homefront...I wanted to include these pictures that I never posted. We had a little party for our good friend Weston before the break. He and his mama Jessie come over and play every week, and they are some of our greatest friends!I just love this little boy......and he likes me, too :)Then we were so excited for Monday to come because our friends came back to us! And since big school hadn't started yet, Caden got to stay and Harper and Garner's sister Makenna spent the day with us, too! It was busy, but so so fun being back together! (p.s...the Spin Art Machine worked great, Mimi, and was a HUGE hit!)The kids have really enjoyed our new toys from Christmas. Here's our friends Calder, Danica, and Harper helping us give Mater a few extra decorations.
Yes, another year of family and friends...just the way we like it.

5 comments:

Lyndy said...

I'm so glad that the Spin Art worked out, and that the kids were able to make some pretty pictures. The time we spent together between Christmas and New Year is a special memory that I will always cherish. Come back and stay any time!

Bailey Baldwin said...

I love the picture of the three little wrangler bums, so cute! You are the.best.Mom.

The Hamby's said...

We had so much fun spending time with you, Lyndy and the girls! Brynlee has been asking where Audrey and Brenna are! Anytime you are in town, feel free to come by!

Jessie said...

Weston definately loves Amber (or Bumber as he likes to say)!

King Amy said...

love the picture of 3 kid-os lined up behind the John Deere -- I can't resist toddler-sized-denim-covered-rear-ends!!