The more I think about Audrey's version of the Pledge--"...and to the Republic which is in sand..."--the more I think how completely accurate this statement is.
Our world is in sinking sand. One glance at the daily news will tell you this.
And it makes me fear for my babies. We have brought them into a troubled, troubled world. And what can we do? I don't think this bubble technique will work too well...


Building them up on a firm foundation of Solid Rock is the only answer.
More of the Word...
...and more of this.
More peace and forgiveness in the home, more discipline and love, more God-centered Bible-saturated views, more grace under stress, more faithfulness and the patience of Christ--(What a responsibility we have been given!)Audrey enters Kindergarten next year--The World. We have to continue to protect her heart (and ours!) as well as prepare her to be a light to kids who do not have the same Foundation. I don't want to be fearful of this sinking world. I want us all to stand strong in the Hope that we have and for people to know the difference in each one of us and desire it, too.
"Train up a child in the way she should go, and even when she is old, she will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
"On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand."



2 comments:
The world will never be as evil as Jesus is good. Our hope is always and only in Him.
Love this!
Post a Comment