1. I took Brenna for her 4-year-old shots. I was really nervous about this because when she got the flu shot in the fall, it wasn't pretty at all. Josh took them to get those shots and brought Brenna back with these little red freckles around her eyes...
Busted blood vessels from screaming before and after the shot. She was that mad. So we tried a different approach today. After her exam (which she actually enjoyed a lot), I gave her a sucker and my phone, laid her down, told her they were just going to mess with her legs a little, blocked her view of the nurse, and voila...she didn't bat an eye at either shot, didn't cry or even grimace. She was actually surprised when she looked down and saw band-aids. Crisis averted. Win win for everyone. And praise the Lord, she will not be getting any more immunizations for a very very long time.
2. In honor of the Winter Olympics, I let the girls watch the Sieberthammer Olympics from 1994. What is this, you might ask? Well, despite the awkwardness/dorkiness of the age, it was a really neat project our gym teacher put together at the same time as the Lillehammer Olympics that year. In P.E. every day, we would compete in events such as figure skating (in socks, solo and pairs), hockey, shoebox speed racing, skooterboard bobsled, and so on and so on. And we were even on a real country's team and won real spraypainted wooden medals. It was a big deal for everyone at Siebert Elementary that year, and my mom captured it all on video. I have some good memories of that...even though I remember being much cooler than the video portrayed tonight :/ Here's a picture of that same year with all my cousins and siblings to help you appreciate the awkwardness.

No comments:
Post a Comment