Quite frankly, I have been mentally overwhelmed, occupied, consumed, busy, obsessed for over two months now. This job change hasn't been extremely easy, but after 6 weeks of school under my belt, things are starting to look up and feel manageable. I have to credit friends and family, a helpful partner, some super awesome little friends at school, and these survival ingredients (thank you, Jessie): Jesus, chocolate, DP, and hand sanitizer!
I have struggled with TIME...there never seems to be enough. I can't get everything done at school, home, and church well enough in my mind and it drives me crazy. Then this weekend, the Lord has emphasized through cards, a funny movie, and a sermon that no, I am not enough...but He is. He has made me who I am...has trusted me with much... will enable me to be enough...to be just what my family needs, just what my school kids need, just what my friends need, just what I need.
And would you look how blessed I am....
(I don't know where they learned to pose, but they are my sweet angels, my greatest cheerleaders :)
And then there's this guy...someone tall, dark, and handsome that tag-teams with me making lunches, making breakfast, making messes, making faces, and just making life happen. I couldn't make it without him.
I read in a book, "Life is brutiful." It can be brutal, and it is definitely beautiful--brutiful. And the Lord is always there, through the brutal and the beautiful. And we have to keep striving forward, through the brutal and the beautiful. "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:13-14
Here is a sweet prayer that was sent my way: "Lord, I have too much to do, but it's all important. Help me to set priorities so that I don't feel lost in the pace and the pressure. Give me wisdom and energy to accomplish what's necessary without wasting time or effort. And help me make the best use of my day, remembering that time is a precious gift from You."
I'm giving everything I have at 32..."and all I have in You in more than enough!"


2 comments:
You are managing so very well, Amber! You are the best wife, Mom, teacher, daughter and friend that any of us could ask for!! And, you manage to look 21 while doing it!
Just wish I could do more to help!!!
Post a Comment