I worried that the transition would be hard for the girls since they would be able to see people moving into their house every day, but through prayer and lessons from the Lord, we never looked back! We see Superintendent Speegle and his wife all the time and love to hear about things they are doing to THEIR house.
Yes, I will always cherish every memory in that house. I love thinking of all of the fingerprints on the walls from our children and countless other friends that frequented our home. I thank God for a whole decade there, in the perfect place to raise our girls. And I look forward to what God has in store for the next decade and more!
We learned very quick that the old adage, "Home is where your family is," is actually more true than we knew.
And this following story is a message straight from God's heart to mine: When we were looking at a house to fix up and grimacing at the roughness of it, I kept telling the girls about the plans to make it look/smell better and more comfortable for us to temporarily live in. "We will do this to make it look better, and don't worry about this because we will change that...And you know, girls, this is not going to be our forever home anyway." And Brenna promptly said, "Nope, it's not heaven."
Amen to that...our old house, our fixer upper, and even the house that we will be building...none of those are truly our forever homes.
No comments:
Post a Comment