Friday, January 15, 2010

My Angel

Our little girl is growing up before our eyes...and I have mixed emotions about this. In one respect, I am relieved that she is acting older before our new baby gets here...but then again--you know what comes next--it's sad when your baby isn't the baby anymore!

But I enjoy her more and more with each new stage, and I wouldn't want to turn back the clock. Audrey is so fun right now...and truly my angel. I keep trying to relish everything about her while she is still the only baby.

She will be turning 2 in just 3 weeks! Here's a little bit about her while I am so sentimental and emotional :)


A doring...and Adorable: She has gotten over her clinginess to me (which was exhausting at times), and now we have achieved a great balance of independence and need for each other! She is still my shadow and copycat, but now it is just flattering because she thinks I am so great! She tells me everyday "Mama pitty (pretty)" and admires everything I do. The only thing that we are working on right now is that she calls me "Eber" (Amber) alot...and sometimes "Eber Mama"!

U nbelievably tender-hearted & nurturing: She is constantly asking us "Mama K?" or "Daddy K?" checking on us. She uses the most concerned expressions when she asks, too. She adores her friends and all kids, and if she sees anyone crying she will say (with her concerned expression), "______ crying...______ sad". And she is going to be so great with the new baby. I am going to write about that later, but she is already so motherly and really excited about all of this baby stuff going on.

Dramatic & delightful: We fixed up her new room for her Christmas gift this year, and she must show you every "pitty" thing in there every time we walk in. She will say "mon" (c'mon) and go in and list everything that she sees in there that is "pitty". (More on her room in another post.) If you can't tell, she also loves all things shiny and girly.

Her language has exploded over the last couple of months. She says the cutest, funniest things, and is using pretty good sentences. She will even use some imaginative play and tells me that she sees her TV friends in various places. One day she looked out over the yard and said "Autin Hi!" and then told me--in two-year-old form--that her Backyardigans friends were riding up on their bicycles.

R eliable: Audrey rarely gets in trouble. She knows what she is and is not supposed to do and minds so well! And disciplining her usually just takes a stern look, and she will say "Sowy (sorry), Mama, sowy". She really makes me appreciate having another little girl! She is also the greatest little helper! We joked at Christmas that after giving her a kitchen and cleaning kit, we are completely domesticating her. But it is amazing how her personality for responsibility and care is already showing!

E xciting/Encouraging: She has been constantly telling us "Good gob, Mommy", "Good gob, Daddy" about everything from drinking from our cups to sweeping the floor. She will randomly give you hugs and say "Mmm mm" when she squeezes you. And she reserves her "Yu-mmy!" comment for kisses to Layton and Papa mostly.
I can't wait to teach her more and more about life and the Lord as her level of comprehension continues to increase. She truly gives me a new outlook and appreciation of having joy like a young child.

Y oung Einstein: Ok, I am exaggerating a little, but I do think she is so smart :) She is definitely studius already. Her favorite things to do are color and paint and read and write. It is funny because we say she has developed new Crayola names that should be used on crayons. She knows most of her colors, and she usually relates them back to the Backyardigans. Things are not just blue, but "Pabo Bue" (Pablo Blue), "Tyrone Orsh" (Tyrone Orange), "Tasha Yewo" (Tasha Yellow), "Nika Pink" (Uniqua Pink), and "Autin Puple" (Austin Purple). She also likes "Wed Emo" (Red Elmo) and "Ocar Gween" (Oscar Green).

She loves to sing any song, but she is best at singing along to "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed"...basically the whole thing by herself...and getting pretty good at the ABC's (especially "LMNOP" and "next time won't you sing with me!") She also listens to here Backyardigans Mix CD everyday and can recognize each song within the first couple of notes.

She is still obsessed with books and must have one to go night-night. Here she is reading one of her favorites "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". I love hearing her read books to herself or someone else, and it continually amazes me how young children can learn words like "cocoon" or "seashells" when they have not even experienced these types of things yet.



I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface on how great she is, but thank you for letting me brag a little :) I am so blessed to have such an amazing little girl...and another one on the way!

2 comments:

Lyndy said...

Audrey is blessed with a very special Mom and Dad. Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

We sure do miss "Audy" at our house!! We think she is pretty special!!

Amy, Caden, and Danica