Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bright Beginnings

I haven't shared our extremely exciting news about this fall... I have started a two-day preschool!!

It's called Bright Beginnings, and we will have class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I will be teaching Brenna's class of 9 two-year-olds with Jessie as my oh-so-essential helper! Audrey will be in Mrs. Mandy's class of ten 3-4 year-olds.

Our church has graciously allowed us to hold our program in their preschool wing, one of which is my usual Sunday School classroom. We have been busy sprucing up the rooms for our September 4 start-date!

I am so incredibly excited about all of it, especially the fact that both of the girls get to attend school this year (and I get to be there to see it :) We have so many fun learning activities planned, and a schedule full of learning centers, children's church time, music & movement, and lots of pottying :)
My classroom is decorated with jungle animals and cute curtains courtesy of Mimi. (I hope the wild animals don't set the mood!)
I truly feel the Lord's call on this program as a ministry to kids and parents, and I am excited to see all the learning that will take place.

2 comments:

Lyndy said...

Your classroom looks amazing, especially the mural of jungle animals. Love these pictures of the girls. Love you!

Jen and Brad said...

So excited and proud of you! What a great endeavor, and you'll do great!