It has been another magical Christmas season. Busy but magical!
We made a Gingerbread Man this year!
And wouldn't you know it...we took him to school where he promptly jumped off the pan, saying "Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" Our class searched all over the school for him finding clues and gumdrops along the way.
Much to our delight, he found his way back to the pan in our classroom because he thought it was the best room in the school!So we ate him! Well, most of him...Mr. Stahnke ate the head. The kids are still talking about this adventure!
Then we were so excited to have Cayden, Jackson, and Reagan come to our part of the world to visit! We ate hamburgers and visited the lights on the square.
They had a great time running, dancing, and being silly!
The square has become one of our most favorite things this Christmas. In honor of the late Dr. Reynolds, a team of people (including our Daddy!) created synchronized light shows on all four sides of the courthouse. The lights dance to songs on each side, and it is just so fun.


Our daddy helped with Santa's reindeer shed seen in a previous picture and Santa's workshop which has a video image of Santa walking around inside!


We also spent a great evening on the square watching the lighted Christmas parade with friends and decorating cookies! We love our little town!
Polar Express Pajama Day at school! Always a favorite!A Christmas party at Kinsey's! Lots of crafts and good friends!
Church Christmas program...a little sad not having my Bright Beginnings Preschool kids there singing! But Brenna's group was adorable as always!
Audrey opted out of choir this fall, so we just cheered extra for Brenna!
Christmas parties at school! Audrey got little gifts from everyone in her class!
Audrey with her teacher Mrs. Christian
Audrey with her classmates Emily, Kallie, & Paisley
"Sweet Christmas Wishes from Pre-K"
Singing in our classroom with just a few parents watching!I loved showing them off to their parents! We sang 5 Little Reindeer, Reindeer Pokey, S-A-N-T-A, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas with additional movement verses!
Gift exchange was a hit!
Trying to keep the season in perspective, we rang the bell to earn money for the Salvation Army. People generously gave to the kettle with these little girls greeting them!
We found these same cuties in the newspaper this week! Their letter to Santa was also typed up in there:
Dear Santa, Hi Santa! I can't wait to see you! I've been good this year. I listen to my teacher and my mama and daddy. I like Christmas because it's about Jesus and I like giving presents. Can I please have a Barbie Glamtastic Purse and a Happy's Pet Kitty and two real goldfish if you can carry them in your sleigh? Santa, we will be at my grandma's house on Christmas Eve. Be careful Santa Clause. Thank you. Love, Audrey Deal
Dear Santa, How's Rudolph and the other reindeer doing? I hope you are doing good, too, and have a nice Christmas. I like it when you bring me presents. Santa, me and my sister have been very good. I have been treating everyone nicely. I love horses. Can I have a pretty toy horse please and a toy unicorn and a Panda that walks to me like the one in Alco? Thank you! I wish we could go to the North Pole and give you presents. We will be at our Nana's house again because we don't have a chimney. Love, Brenna Deal
We love celebrating this season and all that it means, the greatest of which is Jesus born to us! We pray that none of us lose sight of the fact that Jesus is the reason for the season! Happy Birthday, Jesus! And Merry Christmas to all!







No comments:
Post a Comment