If you remember, I got on a coupon kick and did pretty well for myself. My highest savings in one visit was $90, and I probably averaged $40 the rest of the visits. Overall, with sales and coupons, I think I probably saved us $500 this summer. Our grocery bills remained about the same, but I just came home with more food for free! Here are a few things that I didn't pay much or ANYTHING for:
--napkins, bread, paper towels, paper plates, batteries, fabric softener, candy from the cart-boy, a whole box of diapers, a year's worth of vitamins for $9, pizza with a pizza cutter
A few other free things this summer: two Texas Rangers tickets, a tour of the Comanche Post Office courtesy of our neighbor Bunny, two hamsters with a cage courtesy of the other neighbors, a car wash--mostly because we got stuck in the drive-thru, 6 DQ ice cream cones, a stay in New Mexico at my aunt and uncle's house with free grandparent-babysitting back home :)
Last week, the girls and I ventured to the Brownwood Mall because we were obviously desperate to do something :) We shared a Chick-fil-A meal for $6, bought two girly shirts for $6, and spent about the same amount on the quarter riding machines. We like livin' large, huh? 
Now in an effort to stop sounding like a cheapskate...I am proud of our biggest purchase this summer: a really nice washer! And I am not the only one who finds it largely entertaining...
The box has become a prized possession around here, too...
So I will keep searching out the deals (since that is our name afterall ;), and if you know where I can find any big huge boxes, please let me know!
1 comment:
I'm pretty sure your kids get cuter every time I check your blog!
Post a Comment