Monday, February 27, 2012

Harrison

My maiden name is Harrison. This is my family on the ranch.These are the people God gave me to: Phillip and Jerrilynn, otherwise known as Mom and Dad...and most recently, Nana and Awpa. My dad runs the family ranch, and my mom recently retired from the elementary school to help with all of her grandkids. They have been together 30 years and have built quite a legacy.This is my brother Austin, two years younger than me. He gave me a great new sister when he married Melinda a couple of years ago. They live too far away in Georgia working for Cargill Ag companies. We cherish every time they come home. They are a great Uncle Bub and Aunt Mel even from four states away.This is my sister Albany, 10 years younger. She and I finally became best friends in the last 5 years when the age gap didn't matter anymore. She does a great job being a mom and preschool teacher, and she is a fun Aunt Bobby to my girls. I became an aunt when Layton Cole was born, five weeks after Audrey...and nobody has ever been prouder of their nephew than us. They live in "the yellow house" on the ranch with their big dogs Pudge and Sugar. Thankfully we just live 50 minutes down the road from where I grew up so we can easily be a part of most family functions from hangin' out to holidays to helping out.
I am blessed to call these people mine.
My cousin Tifani of Captured Photography took these family pictures since we had Austin and Mel in town for a week. As usual, she did "capture" the real us in our real setting.


"Our family is a circle of strength and love…
With every birth and every union the circle grows,
Every joy shared adds more love,
Every crisis faced together makes the circle grow stronger."

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I just love these pictures, especially the feet shot with all of you! I'm so blessed to get to know your family, they are precious.

Lyndy said...

What a moving tribute to a wonderful family.