Some days you can't help but just laugh...
Apparently dogs say "Barf barf barf." And water goes down the drain, "Choo choo!"
Mary Poppins is otherwise known as "American Poppingkins." And there are no such things as monsters, "just raccoons."
I like to tease the kids about where their food went after they eat it all--Did you throw it on the floor? Did you feed it to the cat? Did you put it on your friend's plate?--after which I tickle their bellies. On one particular day, after I tickled five full bellies, I reached to tickle under Brenna's shirt only to find she had literally put her peanut butter sandwich "in her belly."
Audrey: "Mom, but why can't I drive a truck?"
Audrey: "Mom, but why can't I drive a truck?"Me: "Well, you can when you are 16. You're not even 6."
Audrey: "Well, I can jump really high."
I've learned recently that you can "tickle tickle tickle" the moon, your arms grow every time you eat, and Barbie shoes will easily pass through your digestive system.
If you see a spinning circle on your phone or computer, it means it's "yoading," and saying "Please can I?" in a really sweet voice will usually get you what you want.
Mattress delivery men are really "Forest and Jasper" (aka Horace and Jasper from 101 Dalmatians) in disguise, and if you play Alvin and the Chipmunks, Brenna is "Eeyore" (Theodore) and Daddy is always Dave..."Daddy, you Dave." Come to think of it...Daddy is deemed as Dave no matter what they are playing :)
After a fun talk about Spring and planting some flowers today, a big gust of wind blew sending showers of leaves from our tree and kids running around the yard yelling, "It's Fall!!"
Our lunchtime tradition has somehow become singing and dancing to "Zippity-Doo-Da".
I will end this post with the fun lyrics and you can use your imagination to see them dancing :)
Zippity-Doo-Da! Zippity Ay!
My, oh, my, What a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way!
Zippity-Doo-Da! Zippity Ay!
1 comment:
Love this little slice of Amber's life!! Kids really do say the funniest things.
Post a Comment