We've just about wrapped up this school year...just a couple of days to go next week. We've already said goodbye to a few friends for the summer. We will still see all of them throughout the summer, but it was still hard not to get sappy when I reflect back on the great year we had!
How could I not miss these fun times and sweet faces coming through my door every day:
This makes three and a half years of keeping kids in our home...the longest job I've ever had. Counting Audrey and Brenna, I have kept ten little ones over here total. Our house will never be the same nor will my heart!
I have a very rewarding job. Yes, there are many tiring and busy and messy and whiney times. I can often feel stuck in my own home, but if I keep my perspective on the bigger picture, I know this is my purpose. Overall, it is a blessing and honor to welcome these friends into our home. I have been entrusted with precious cargo by mamas as well as the Lord. I try to be the babysitter I would want my own girls to have and picture myself as a substitute mama while theirs are away.
Many times this year I taught the kids about patience through my own failures and forgiveness through my own faults. I had grumpy days with the best of them. But overall, I know the kids felt loved this year, and I pray they saw the love of our Lord over the love of Ms. Amber/Amber Deal/Abba/Ebba/Amba/Mama.
So yes, I have gotten sappy as the little feet have started quieting around here for the summer. They have been my life for the past 10 months...and this is my blog....so I am allowed :)
Don't get me wrong...the girls and I are ready for some summer freedom with Daddy and just spontaneous playdates!
So welcome Summer! Take care of our friends until they can come back and play!
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, a reward from Him." Psalm 127: 3












1 comment:
We will miss coming over for all the craziness, but hopefully we can still get together this summer!
Post a Comment