I was in my "happy place" holding my babies all weekend long...but it came with a price.
Friday afternoon, Audrey came home needing a snuggle and a quick nap. I loved it but didn't realize her body was getting sick.
Later that night, Brenna went down with a fever......and kept it all through Saturday. Lots of snuggle-time, lots of feeling bad, a few dozen loads of sick laundry, but still managed a few smiles.
Brenna made a quick turn-around and was well by Sunday morning, but Audrey was hit hard and fast with a fever, sore throat, and overall yuckiness. This lasted all Saturday night, Sunday, Sunday night, through Monday with many lows...but lots of cuddling for the high points.
We missed school today and no friends are here to play. Instead, we made a trip to the doctor for our fever and rash. Strep and scarlet fever. What? Like typhoid, tuberculosis, smallpox, pioneer days scarlet fever? I learned something new today. Some strep can cause scarlet fever (common even though we are not in the 1800s) which is an itchy rash, not contagious to the touch...and not fun for my girl.
So I've been wishing and wishing I could have Audrey back home with me every day, and with a sad face, I got my wish. She will be home again tomorrow. I am going to relish every second I get to take care of her, even in the middle of the night...but my happy place is actually anywhere my girls are happy and healthy.




No comments:
Post a Comment