Friday, June 27, 2014

A Toast

Every little girl grows up with a fairy tale in her heart. I am the mom of two little girls and I see how even at 4 and 6, they daily play princess in twirly dresses wanting to be saved by a handsome prince. I was also old enough to watch that little girl over there grow up, and even though she threw horses and softball into the mix, deep down she has also had the desire to have a fairy tale love story like every other woman here. And I can also say that for a while, she did not believe she would have a fairy tale. It was in those times when she would say, I’m never getting married, that she would lose sight and trust in the Author of her life. But all the while He was smiling, knowing He already had a perfect story written for her if she could be patient. And while your course may not be traditional persay, it has many parallels to some of the greatest love stories…Let’s try Cinderella. We have a young girl who feels stuck in life, unable to fulfill her dreams or full potential. Did you ever have a point you felt that way, Alb? We don’t have to look as far as comparing your cleaning abilities to Cinderella or you having a wicked sister…But really for a while, my sister also believed her true prince would never come and that he just did not exist. But then the Lord slowly put more details of the story into place. We won’t even mention the dress debacle but it worked out quite beautifully if I do say so myself. She met the handsome prince and fell in love...and then she promptly ran away from him, making everything turn back into mice and pumpkins. But then the handsome prince held on to the love he had for her, and he continually searched for her, driving up in his gray steed, working to get a castle for her, and fought for her until she was finally his. See, the Lord who is the Author of each of our lives had the story all written out. Now, I have no doubt that most of the drama lines were your own, but there are just too many beautiful details in the story to deny the Lord’s hand…one of the most beautiful is how this little boy has been treated by the whole Busby family and how he looks so much like both of you. There is just no doubt that the Author of Life created a one-of-a-kind beautiful love story for you. And, your story does not stop here. We can’t just leave here saying it’s going to always be happily ever after. But I do know that God will continue His promise in that if we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our heart. And I know that you truly want to be the husband and wife, daddy and mama God has created you to be. So Caleb, Keep treating Albany like the princess she is, and Alb, never forget the Hero that Caleb is in your story. We love you!

1 comment:

cjevans said...

Beautiful!! You really should be a writer!